So most pilots are great, and they treat every airplane right. But if someone brings back the airplane late, leaves FOD in the cockpit, and bald spots a tire...
...well they won't get a very good rating now will they?
Ratings and reviews are an incentive for all of us to do our best, which makes the experience better for everyone.
After each rental, you'll be asked to please rate and review both the airplane you flew, and the Operator you rented from. This helps the next Pilot know what to expect next time.
A little about ratings
OpenAirplane ratings are from 0 to 5 stars. We think every rating should start at a 3 if everything turned out as you expected, and then go up or down from there based on what you experienced.
You've got a reputation to build
Remember: Each time you rent using OpenAirplane the Operator will rate and review YOU as a rental customer...
- Did you skimp on the pre-flight?
- Did you take time to wipe the bugs off the leading edges and the windscreen?
- Did you ignore the advice found in the Local Procedures Briefing?
- Did you bring the airplane back on time (maybe even a little bit early) so it would be ready for the next Pilot?
- Did you cut someone off in the pattern?
- Did you leave the aircraft in better shape than you found it?
All of these actions and more will affect the rating and review you receive from the Operator after your flight. Only you, and the next Operator you request to rent from gets to see your rating and reviews. A poor rating could affect your ability to book aircraft and fly with OpenAirplane in the future. A great rating might mean getting priority on the schedule. So fly your best!